- 100g butter (chopped)
- 200g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 4 large eggs
- 250g caster sugar
- 100g Millers Foods plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 30g cocoa
- white or milk chocolate chunks 100g, chopped
- hazelnuts 100g, toasted, roughly chopped
- pecans 100g, toasted, roughly chopped
- 2 handfuls chopped marshmallows
STEP 1 – Heat the oven to 180C – fan forced
STEP 2 – Line a 22cm square brownie tin with baking paper. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Cool to room temperature.
STEP 3 – Whisk the eggs and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy.
STEP 4 – Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa.
STEP 5 – Fold this in to give a fudgy batter.
STEP 6 – (To really go to town add 100g chopped white or milk chocolate chunks OR 100g toasted, roughly chopped hazelnuts or pecans OR 2 handfuls of baby marshmallows.)
STEP 7 – Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is cracked but the middle is just set. Cool completely, then lift out of the tin and cut.