Flaky, rich, and delicious. Turn your favourite dessert into something your friends and family will rave about.
- 2 cups Millers Artisan Sourdough Flour
- 1 Tsp.salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1-1/2 cups cold Butter, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Approximately 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- Combine the flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Rub in the butter using your fingers. The dough will eventually look like it has little pea shaped balls in it.
- Slowly pour the starter in, a little bit at a time, until it all comes together.
- Once dough just starts to comes together gather it up in the bowl into one round ball and cover it with some cling wrap. Leave it in a warm place for at least 6-8 hours to rest and culture.
- After the rest or when you are ready to use your pie crust, transfer it to a freezer or refrigerator. This is very important because having cold butter in the dough will help you to get a flaky pie crust.
- Once the crust is very cold you can remove it from the fridge, roll it out, and bake it into a pie with your favourite fillings.